WOW – World of Wonder (Davidson Lands Conservancy and Woodlands Discovery) and CPCC are sponsoring a viewing of the documentary “Play Again” on March 29 at CPCC North Campus from 7 to 8:30.
This is a “must see for anyone who has children, or works with children” It explores the effect of technology on children and youth, and shows the importance of getting them outside to combat some of those effects.This film is important from several points of view:
1) Our children are facing health, emotional, behavioral, and attention concerns in epidemic proportions
2) Nature play has been proven to benefit children physically, cognitively, academically, emotionally, and socially.
3) Children can identify logos from thousands of companies, but many cannot identify even 10 plants or animals common to their backyard.
4) People care for what they love, thus a generation of children disconnected from nature, including many who are afraid of nature, puts the future of our environment at risk.
5) Children and youth spend an average of 53 hours per week of “screen time” (computers, TV, video games, texting, etc). The effects of so much time in a “virtual” world versus the “real” world has alarming implications.
Click here to view a trailer or read about the film. http://www.groundproductions.com/playagain/gallery.php
Youth (over 10) and adults are invited to see this! The event is free, but donations will be accepted. Seating is limited. You must register at <email@example.com> to reserve a space. CPCC North Campus is located at 11930 Verhoeff Drive in Huntersville. Doors will open at 6:30 and a questions/discussion period will follow.
There has been an overwhelming response to the two showings in Charlotte. Because of the important information for parents, teachers, and leaders, WOW is bringing this film to the North Mecklenburg area. Please help us get this information out to your friends, neighbors, schools, etc. and encourage all to make plans to attend. You may print the flyer to post at schools, businesses, doctors, gyms, etc. or forward this email to anyone you feel would be interested.